I'm sitting on the couch, in indescribable pain, annoyed with myself for being annoyed at my 5 year old for having energy when I can't move. I'm frustrated with the Doctor. Military insurance leaves a lot to be desired, and I usually just head up to the ER because it's less of a hassle. More expensive for HealthNet, but hey, they should organize their care better. However, with the new babe, nursing in a hospital waiting room, and not having a place to lay her down to sleep would be another daunting and unwelcome task to add to my list. So, I spent an hour on the phone with our insurance company, getting names of providers and more providers since everyone I tried was either not taking our insurance anymore, or wasn't accepting new patients. After finally finding a doctor that would accept me, the sweet nurse felt sorry for me and slipped me in. When I got there, they had the local Christian radio station on, continuing to play the song I left when I got out of the car. I felt a little comforted by that. I was even able to get through the appointment and back home again before I had to feed the baby. I really despise feeding her anywhere other than home-it aggravates my back. So now I sit here, waiting for a call to tell me when my MRI is scheduled. I'm getting more frustrated by the minute and almost wishing I would have just gone to the ER. I would have had my MRI by now and at least know what's wrong, even if it wasn't fixed....
Ok, rewind to yesterday. I was debating whether or not to plant a garden this year. I have a new baby, not a lot of time, and lingering back trouble for about 5 years now. Made worse by two car accidents, my back did miraculously well throughout my last pregnancy. We were all surprised! Well, I decided to give the garden a go, even if I just stuck to tomato plants this year. I got all the weed cover up from last year, most of the weeds, and even turned up most of the soil. As I came in the house, I noticed my back hurting more and more as I became more and more hunched over. I am currently walking like a hunchback. No joke. It is VERY painful to lift the baby and I'm in tears every time I have to. Which is often. She's a baby. She poops and needs a diaper change. She gets hungry. I am her sole provider of everything. And I can't walk let alone lift. So while I don't know when exactly this all started, I do know it happened after working in the garden, and I assume that is the culprit. Sadly, the garden will not happen this year. The weeds will overtake it, despite all my work and pain, and it will be an eye sore in our back yard. At least we have a fence.
Oh, and I added the picture just so this WHOLE post wasn't depressing and angry. It's Kelly and her friend Riley "posting" like you know who!
Oh KP, I'm so sorry to hear that you are not doing so hot... I love you, and I hope your health returns miraculously! Feel free to add to the list so that when we come we can knock it all out for you! Dusty just told me last night "I can't wait to go to Kentucky. I like being with you and I like Krista... she's really cool!" hahaha I laughed but it was sweet. Feel better.... miss you!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I like that you're being honest about your anger and pain... it's refreshing when bloggers can really spill their guts! ha!