Friday, October 30, 2009

The Pettengills Welcome You!


First off, let me just say that I’m not sure I want to do this- you know, start a blog. Lauren knows very well that this mystical world of putting thoughts “out there” scares me, although I can’t give you a concrete reason why. But on the positive side, I have always wanted to write, but never felt I was any good it. Editing, yes, but maybe this will be a way for me to open up and get all my creativeness flowing…

Second, PLEASE forgive my grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. Part of my unwillingness to blog has been because (and I know this sounds crazy) I didn’t want to stress myself out. Being an English teacher, and just because I correct everyone else (love you, friends!), I get anxious about my writing and how it better be perfect! I don’t mind the mistakes on Facebook because it’s just for fun, and every now in then, people just need a little relaxing, capitalization-free moment. With that said, hopefully this blog doesn’t create anxiety for me, like deciding on a title almost did. Luckily, Lauren had some creative juice that got mine bubbling- thanks, Lo!

And lastly, welcome to the Pettengill updater! Our life is not all whistles and bells, but I am a mother of one, soon to be two, and that is normally crazy enough for any woman! None of us (well, ok, maybe Kelly, MABYE) were born or raised in KY, and this Southern Life is definitely strange compared to New England or Californy (as my best redneck friend calls it). Here’s to the Adventures of the Pettengills…

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Even if you do nothing more than a basic yearbook layout with photos and captions it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, im so happy to see you on here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up, Krista! Isn't the South great? Well, to me there is no other way of livin'! hehehe
    I love your blog! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete